Monday 29 December 2014

I.F.S.A Species hunt 2014

Its been an exciting year for me, not only only have I discovered my love for fishing, but I also discovered the species hunt. Click here to go to species hunt website

The species hunt is a national fish hunt, where anglers compete to catch as many species as possible around the coast line of Ireland. People take part from all over Ireland and this is my first year.

For me the species hunt has taken me to new places, and taught me about fish I didn't even know about. I've had to learn what fish takes what bait, what rig to use and the different techniques on how to catch them.

I've been competing against some very tough opponents in the Junior Section. I am currently second but would really like to change that but with only two days to go it will be challenging.

My favorite species I have caught so far are Stingray, Bass, Cod , Thornback Ray and a large flounder. I have also enjoyed finding out about and hunting for all the mini species.


I didn't know there would be as many different species in Ireland as there is, its been fun, and given more of an insight to the under water world.

Im looking forward to 2015 because now I have the knowledge and this time I'm ready, my life from now on will revolve around fishing from every angle.

Coming in in 2015....interviews with Master Angler ( hoping to get a few secret tips ), product reviews. Venue write ups and a couple of rig making you tube clips along with my regular updates.

Tight Lines
Eoin Angler 
Co Kerry 
Ireland 


2 comments: