Tuesday 12 January 2016

Fish-Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Things have been crazy here...its all about the fishing. Its been an amazing start to 2016....lets hope it continues

At the start of Jan we had a competition with my club Tralee Bay SAC, it was a night comp and the weather was awful. Bitterly cold with showers and wind. The beach was weedy and it was hard enough fishing, and some people were catching from early on. On my first two casts I caught two coal-fish and from then on things went downhill. The weed was bad and I was loosing traces. With a change of tactics my luck changed, and I started catching fish every cast putting me ahead of the rest of juniors. I ended up with 15 fish and wining the junior section. I also had 4 species for the hunt I am taking part in with Shore and Boat which is a great facebook group.






The next night Dad and I decided to use the left over bait. We went to Fenit Pier and had another session there...getting me a decent sized congor and a small pouting....2 more for the hunt. 

Another Tralee Bay comp this Sunday on Fenit Pier gave me another win for the Juniors , with me getting 10 fish and a dab for the species hunt. 

While all this was going on I have been preparing for the Inter Provisionals which are happening this weekend in WexfordI will be fishing for Munster with the under 16 s and I hope I do well and my aim is to try my best to make the Irish team...watch this space.


Tight Lines
Eoin Angler
Co Kerry 
Ireland






5 comments: