Sunday 24 January 2016

Interprovincials / Home Nations team

Friday 15th - Sunday 17th

The weather suited us as we made way for Wexford to fish in the 2016 Interprovincials.
After a long week of preparing the morning had finally come. 
We left for the five hour drive (it took us 7 :) leaving for Wexford at 11 and arriving at 6. Our delays included a stop at John O'Brien's shop Waterford Angling and several coffee breaks for the parents.

After the peg draw on Friday evening we were ready for the three competitions over 2 days. 

The first day was the hardest, we left the hotel early and didn't return until the early hours of Sunday morning. I was happy enough with the day comp results the night comp was where I struggled. I went to bed with high hopes for the next day. 

Another early start on the Sunday morning I was feeling tired but determined. it was worth the effort as I got a good result. 

In the evening we were brought into a room for the results, as we sat there the anticipation built up. 
The results were called, and I found it interesting how people were placed. 

Eventually my name was called and I was the 6th member of the team, I was delighted with my results for my first year. 

I have learnt so much over the weekend, only I really do wish I had done better, but its better to look forward than back. If i'm lucky and skilled enough to qualify for Munster Next year I will have a better idea on the whole competition. 

Tight Lines 
Eoin Angler 
Co Kerry 

  

   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eoin, looking forward to reading your blog wee man.
    Gary
    Co Antrim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eoin, looking forward to reading your blog wee man.
    Gary
    Co Antrim

    ReplyDelete