Tuesday 12 May 2015

A good weekend fishing........

Have you ever imagined what it would be like to catch big, strong fish on small light rods and small hooks???  Well that's what we did at the weekend.



It was a cold, breezy day not great weather for May. We wanted to go fishing when Mom came home from work but Dad wanted to dig bait for Sundays competition so we went to our local spot for a half an hour to dig some lug worms. We got about a hundred and twenty.
 We arrived home and Mom was already getting her gear together so we started getting  ours too.
 Armed with small LRF rods and small hooks we set off.

We landed at the chosen venue and walked down the walkway. At first it seemed quiet until Dad's little reel started spinning he landed it and it was a nice wrasse.

Oisin was next to get in on the fish.




 I finally got one it was a pouting. The one that got away as it jumped out of my hands before I had cahnce to get a photo of him.

Pretty hard to catch in Kerry. But before I could photograph the fish he flopped out my hand so I dropped my line down again. We ended up being there for 2 hours and all we caught was small fish. Oisin had 6 species of fish. Dad had 4. Mom had 3 and I had 2, but we all caught plenty of fish within those species.

Oisin caught that big fish on his light gear 

 Tompot Blenny 


 Red mouthed goby, quite an unusual fish to catch 


. We went home delighted.

Sundays weather was ment to be monsoon rain and there was a Tralee bay competition. I didn't want to go  and get soaked again but mom said it would be good practice.  So I went and it was actually good  fun and I was very happy when  I came first  with 162 points beating 2nd by 20 points.

Tight lines
Eoinangler
Co Kerry
Ireland

3 comments:

  1. Well done Eoin what a great report. I really enjoyed reading it. Pity about the pouting getting away before you could photograph him. Keep us posted on how you are getting on. Joe in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Eoin and a nice mixed bag,a big pat on the back for Oisin also,enjoyed reading your review and look forward to reading more soon,keep up the good work matey ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Eoin and a nice mixed bag,a big pat on the back for Oisin also,enjoyed reading your review and look forward to reading more soon,keep up the good work matey ��

    ReplyDelete