Tuesday 16 February 2016

My favorite fishing essentials

We all have preferences on gear. I have lots of different bits and pieces that are my favorite. 
Here are some of them. 
  • My lucky hat- I have had this hat for some time, I believe it brings me luck . I will go fishing without it but if its a competition I just have to have it. When I was going to the Interpros in January, I had left the hat at my Aunties, so we had to do a detour to collect it.
  • Colmic Ranger- I had it for a year and last week I broke it while fishing in a storm. I used it for all my competitions including the interpro's and I loved the action of it and it was a good all round rod. 
  • H20 Rock fish- This light but strong rod is ideal for mini species, off the rocks or piers and slipways. I have caught hundreds of small fish with this and a few bigger ones too.
     
  • Last year at the Angling show in Dublin, I went to see Jim Clohessy do a talk on lure fishing. I asked a question about rock fishing as I was very interested. At the end Jim came up to me and handed me a box with a small white reel called Pezon & Michel Oceaner. It along with the H20  was a great combination.
     
  • Behr Waders - after having many pairs of waders I have found the perfect pair for me. They are neoprene waders and they are very warm.
     
  • Finally I would be lost without my waterproof Vass jacket, it is the heavier of the smocks, and I find it completely waterproof. Although it isnt very warm, its still a part of my essential kit. I wear it alot living on the south west coast of Ireland!!!!!
There are many other things that I love, but these are my top 6 at the moment...things change though and I'm sure they will change on a regular basis.

Im off to the Angling Show in Dublin at the weekend, look out for me and say hello. Check out the facebook page for the show here 

Tight Lines 
Eoin Angler
Co Kerry 
Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment